Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hi! :-D

Hi, everyone! Guess what? This is my VERY FIRST BLOG POST!!!!! I'm so excited! :)
Anyway, I'm Emily. Before I go any further, I must say one important thing....this blog is directed at others besides all of you who I emailed telling you about it. (As well as everyone else in the world who may read this.)  It is also meant for the people on Inkpop, a fabu writing website on which you can post stories and books and such. So yeah. :)
A list of things about myself seems to be in order. I love making lists, so here is The Official List of Things You Never Knew About Me:
1. Chocolate, duct tape, and Gandalf rule the world. Can anyone really dispute this fact? Answer: No.
2. I can and will unashamedly sing along with every single Disney Princess movie song ever made. *strikes pose* I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream....
3. I read classic books. In my mind, most fantasy books=garbage. Of course, there are SOME exceptions (can anyone say "Harry Potter"?) but I just prefer to read about families and dogs and things that are actually noble and true. I know that may sound stupid, but it's the truth.
4. I watch classic movies. I do like modern movies as much as anyone else, but when it comes down to it I have way more movies like "Singin' in the Rain" and "Meet Me in St. Louis" than movies like "13 Going on 30." (I like "13 Going on 30," however. Don't get me wrong.)
5. I like school. *cowers in fear* I know, I know! Feel absolutely free to write me off as someone you will never ever ever want to meet, but I do. I like....well, learning things. Is that so wrong? And oh yeah, I also like seeing my friends. *smiles adorably*
6. Dogs are THE greatest animals in the entire world. Cats are nice too, but would a cat sit there and wordlessly comfort you if you had fallen off a cliff and were clinging to the merest scrap of a root and sitting on a rock that may crumble if you move the tiniest bit and wondering how much longer you have to live? Answer: No. The reason dogs don't live as long as humans is because they're already so good when they're born that they don't need very much time to try to work out their faults and atone for their sins, because they don't HAVE any faults or sins. Quote: "A dog's work is to love and be loved."
7. I was thinking of saying something about my parents, but I changed my mind.
8. I want to be a writer. It is the only thing I have ever wanted to be since I was five. Sadly, though, I have that awful deficiency that doesn't allow me to finish more than, oh, say, one story a year. Who knows why? Perhaps because I criticize myself too much, or not enough. Perhaps because I *cough cough* spend more time doing other....um....productive (read: procrastinating) things. Like typing this blog, for instance.
9. I can't really think of anything else to say, but I've never liked the number 8 and I don't want to have only eight things about myself. Let's make it a nice ten. If I can think of anything else to say, that is.
10. I thought of one: Goodbye....for now! :-D


-Emily <3 

4 comments:

  1. Ahh my dear Emily, how very dissapointed I am...In myself! How is it that you always manage to suprise me? Remember writing workshop? I often look back on the simple days of sipping tea and sculpting pages with words and wonder how I could have forgotten my #1 goal: TO WRITE STORIES!!! Maybe Ill send u my most current story.
    -Fina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily- this is great I agree with most of those... Cool blog by the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just trying to post a comment Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I really like the book idea. Can't wait to read the first couple chapters.
    I'll tell you when I've started my blog.
    ;-)
    R.

    ReplyDelete