Tuesday, December 28, 2010

News

Hi everyone!
I don't know if any of you are going to be able to believe this...but...I AM TYPING THIS VERY POST, HERE IN THIS VERY CHAIR, IN THIS VERY ROOM, IN THIS VERY HOUSE, IN THIS VERY CITY, IN THIS VERY STATE, IN THIS VERY COUNTRY, IN THIS VERY HEMISPHERE, IN THIS VERY WORLD, IN THIS VERY GALAXY, IN THIS VERY UNIVERSE...
drum roll please...
ON. MY. MAC.
Have you screamed? Have you toppled over in your computer chair? Have you had a coronary and had to be taken to the hospital?
I don't actually really know what "coronary" means, but I presume it's some sort of malfunction of the brain or something like that, due to extreme surprise. Maybe I'd just better say heart attack.
I am on page 350 of Emma, by Jane Austen, which is my long novel to read over Christmas break for the English assignment for the next semester. Oh yeah. Only...*counts on fingers*...195 more pages to go! YES!
But actually, I'm really enjoying the book. I mean, sometimes it feels like I'm just slogging through, but some parts made me laugh out loud and some are incredibly interesting. Jane Austen was actually born in the 1700s. THE 1700S!!! Can you believe that? And she wrote in the early 1800s.
And she is a genius who makes other possible writers feel like the mangiest of fuzzy caterpillars who thought they had some talent completely die.
Okay, so you people...*cough cough* BRIDGET AND, OF COURSE, ELI...may think that the story of actual people who are doing actual things and possibly falling in love is something that can just be sneezed away. But in fact, it is better than all the other superficial stuff out there. I mean, come on! Don't you think it's better than TWILIGHT, for the love of God? And I'm not saying that SOME fantasy isn't good.
I'm sorry, but I just have to interrupt that thought to say that Wheat Thins with sun-dried tomato and basil are the BEST THING EVER.
Anyway, I'm not saying that SOME fantasy and whatnot has its merits, and I am not opposed to reading it at times...and enjoying it greatly, might I add, so long as it's good. But all I'm saying is that we can't ignore the real world, and going into a fictional world that is still "the real world" can help us escape from the real world without taking us to some weird planet with craters or something that make us feel sad for some reason and very far away from home.
And yes, in case you were wondering. I am extremely hyper.
And Bridget, I'm sure Dune has its merits as well. But I would rather read about how that awful Mrs. Elton is prattling on about her stupid rich brother-in-law (in a super funny way) and how Harriet Smith and Mr. Woodhouse are being pathetically funny and sweet, and how Mr. Knightley (sigh, Mr. Knightley) is so wonderful and strong and handsome and noble and generally the most perfect man ever than about Lord Peevin or whatever his name is.
All of you who are not Bridget Ann Bohlin, ignore that last paragraph.
Well, my dad is watching Turner Classic Movies with that guy Robert Osborne on TV who does the commentary for the movies. Robert Osborne does not have a toupee, but that's pretty much the only thing he has going for him. He drinks, but is pretty good at not showing it, and sometimes when he's doing a little blurb for the movie he sways and slurs his words a bit. He is still alive, but it's debatable whether he has a soul. *gasp!* I bet the dementors sucked it out! Why didn't I think of that before???
My dear friends, what are you doing to ring the New Year in? It's gone by so quickly. In about 3 months...I'll be fourteen! For some reason, fourteen has always seemed like the pivotal age to me, which is sort of weird because thirteen is, after all, a teenager. But still. I don't know.
And come March 24th, I'll be able to crow over how I'm older than certain friends of mine. Bridget...Roan...Eli...heh heh heh.
Before I go, I have a few things to say.
1. This is the longest post ever.
2. I can't believe I have a wonderful, beautiful, extraordinary Mac.
3. My Mac's name is Warmson. Laugh all you want, but if you ever see "The Forsyte Saga" you'll be laughing on the other side of your faces. He's the butler in that God (or Goddess) of all movies. Nothing has ever really topped the OLD version of "The Forsyte Saga."
4. My desktop picture is a cute snow leopard who at the same time has that don't-mess-with-me expression on his face. I tried to do a picture of "The Forsyte Saga" (as Roan knows), but that...erm...didn't work out.
5. I am madly in love. With many things in this world.
6. Go buy Wheat Thins with sun-dried tomato and basil right now.
7. Goodbye! :) <3

1 comment:

  1. wheat thins with sundried tomatoes and basil sounds disgusting. but i don't say a word, emily deah.

    ReplyDelete